Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Schu 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 06, 2017 @ 19:05
    Schu

Working as an developer

Hi, I am studying software development, as part of my schoolwork I want to ask how it's like to work as an software developer in other countries than Denmark? how is the development controlled? at school we have learned about several system development methods like SCRUM and XP. And what about working hours, working conditions? I just want to know in general about working as an developer in other countries. I hope some will answer this, it's not exactly a question about a specific software development problem but i hope it's okay.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 06, 2017 @ 23:05
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Schu

I'm software developer from Ukraine, I worked 10 years in Ukrainian companies and now I'm working remotely in Umakers.dk and I would say that IT jobs are very similar in European countries, maybe there is some difference with Indian companies, but European IT companies have a lot of common stuff.

Thanks,

Alex

• Marcio Goularte 373 posts 1345 karma points
    Dec 07, 2017 @ 13:13
    Marcio Goularte

Hi schu,

I'm from Brazil. I worked 10 years in several Brazilian companies, including global companies with headquarters here. Today I have my own company and work with SharePoint and Umbraco. As it is the work I believe it depends on the culture of each country. But overall the methodologies, technologies do not change much. In these global companies that I worked the way of work was similar to that of people in other countries.

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Dec 07, 2017 @ 16:13
    Alex Brown

In the UK it's similar to what the previous answers said, but since software developers are so sought after employers usually have a leniency with working hours and when developers can come in. Typically, you'll need to be in before the stand-up (so latest, 10:30?) then work your 7+ hours from there.

Working conditions are good, as I mentioned developers are so sought after, that employers will offer many things from free food and lunch, to travel expenses or ride-to-work schemes.

• Schu 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 07, 2017 @ 22:46
    Schu

Thank you all for all the answers. I really appreciate it. 😊

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2017 @ 23:02
    Alex Skrypnyk

You are welcome, Schu

Really nice topic, let's write a blog post about it?

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft