Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Hvarregaard 21 posts 61 karma points
    Jan 14, 2018 @ 15:33
    Brian Hvarregaard

How do I create a license for my package?

Hi, I am developing a couple of small packages for my customers. I want to be able to license these packages but I cant wrap my head around how to do this the best way. My simplest idea of a license is a "per domain" license.

Here is a couple of different scenarios:

1. Simple starter kit / theme
    2. Module with server sode code like payments or something

The latter one, the one with server side code/functionality seems pretty straight forward using a license file of some sorts. But that would work because my functionality is buried within my assemblies and I can then check a license file for this.

The first one is more of a headache. I have some basic templates / websites that I sell to customers. These are complete websites / themes and I would like them to install that package and have that limited to a specific domain (www.mydomain.com).

But since this is mainly markup and no dependencies on server side code I can't wrap my head around how to solve this. One of the solutions I see is to make an assembly and drop it in the bin folder to check for a license file. But then you just remove that assembly and there is no license check anymore.

Anyone? How could I protect my package with a license file? How are you doing this?

• Nick 13 posts 97 karma points c-trib
    Feb 15, 2019 @ 16:03
    Nick

if you haven't figured it out yet you should take a look at how Umbraco forms does it. I am currently in the middle of doing this. If you did figure it out i would like to ask how you did it.

Feb 20, 2019 @ 08:35
    Nick

Take a look at this post: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/newsletter-studio/comments/95761-creating-licenses

It may contain something that is useful to you!

Regards, Nick

Mar 08, 2019 @ 08:31
    Nick

I have found a solution for the licensing and if you still need a way to license your product have a look at this: https://github.com/CoreCompat/Portable.Licensing/tree/features/dotnetcore-v2

I hope you find this useful!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft