Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nitin Rajwar 25 posts 165 karma points
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 11:24
    Nitin Rajwar

Automating Umbraco plugin installation

Folks,

Just looking for some way to automate installation of different umbraco plugins like uSync, maintenance manager etc on several environments. Is it possible?

cheers, Nitin

• Jon R. Humphrey 164 posts 455 karma points c-trib
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 12:18
    Jon R. Humphrey

Nitin,

Unless you create a base visual studio solution to reuse, I don't think this is possible at this time?

Nuget restores will work if the package has a nuget version, otherwise, it's a manual process.

Hope this clears things up.

Jon

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 12:24
    Kevin Jump

Hi

as Jon says its only really possible if you use nuget at the moment.

both uSync and maintenance manager do have nuget packages, so i would look at installing via nuget It also makes upgrades easier in the future.

you could create your own nuget package with the dependencies section containing all the packages you want then that single nuget install would add everything you need to your base build.

(have a look at the nuget package exploerer as a quick way to create nuget packages by hand https://github.com/NuGetPackageExplorer/NuGetPackageExplorer)

• Nitin Rajwar 25 posts 165 karma points
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 17:12
    Nitin Rajwar

Thanks Jon and Kevin. Sure that helps. I'll look into nuget installation.

@Kevin: slightly off topic but since you are already here, is there a way to automate maintenance manager process? Also, I noted that sometimes sometimes the "Turn on maintenance mode" button doesn't appear after deployment. I installed the plugin first on the blank CMS and then did the deployment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft