Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• abdurRahman 3 posts 83 karma points
    Jul 22, 2018 @ 18:47
    abdurRahman

umbraco bookshelf dosen't appear in the dashboard

I'm really stuck , why umbraco bookshelf package doesn't appear on the dashboard or as a custom section in the backoffice , i'm new in umbraco , I install umbraco v7.7.13 which is 100% compatible with the package with no avail , I make a research on the forum but I cann't find a solve about this issue, any one can help me I appreciate that very much, thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 22, 2018 @ 19:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there! :)

So if I understand you correctly you have installed this package in Umbraco and now you can't see it anywhere? https://our.umbraco.com/projects/backoffice-extensions/bookshelf/

If that is the case try going to the "Users" and then you need to edit the user group to allow it to access the new "Umbraco books" section, which has been created after the installation.

So go to "Users" -> "Groups" -> "Administrators" and under "Assign access" click "Add". In the pane that pops out you should be able to see the section - Click it, hit submit and then "Save". Now reload the browser window. Now you should be able to see the book section.

In the above I assume you're in the "Administrators" group. But if you needed to give an editor access to the section you will need to go to the editors user group and follow the same steps.

This is also the scenario whenever other sections are added to Umbraco whether they're being installed as a package or if one does a custom section. Then access will need to be setup.

I hope the above makes sense and that I have understood your question correctly :-)

/Jan

Jul 22, 2018 @ 22:59
    abdurRahman

thanks Jan , Your answer is perfect ,and helped me thanks again .

Jul 22, 2018 @ 23:53
    abdurRahman

Now I run on another issue , there is a server error that can not download any item to the bookshelf, this is the error from the tracelog file:

ERROR System.Exception - The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. @Jan Skovgaard thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 23, 2018 @ 14:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm, I'm not sure why this happens - I don't know the package that well and have only just installed it on a fresh copy of Umbraco 7.7.13 to see if I could reproduce the error and I could. My logfile contains the same error message whenever I try to install one of the books.

Don't know if it's because https is needed - But for localhost it should not be so not quite sure why it happens I must admit.

I'm not sure that the package is maintained anymore but perhaps you could try to file an issue on the issue tracker for it on https://github.com/kgiszewski/UmbracoBookshelf/issues

It's worth the shot.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft