Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicola Zirilli 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 27, 2018 @ 11:02
    Nicola Zirilli

Upgrade package

Hi, I'm creating a package containing template, documenttype, macro, view, etc etc.

This package will be deploy in different web site. If I make change to the package, how I can distribute across the different site without losing data?

The only possibility that I see is to unistall and then install, but in this way I have to delete content and then recreate it after installation of the new version of the component.

Is there a way to upgrade package?

thank you

• Frederik Raabye 72 posts 276 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 27, 2018 @ 12:13
    Frederik Raabye

Maybe this article around migrations can be helpful? https://cultiv.nl/blog/using-umbraco-migrations-to-deploy-changes.

Also Richard Soetemann has created a package for testing these migrations: https://our.umbraco.com/projects/developer-tools/package-migrations-tester/

Kind regards Frederik

• Nicola Zirilli 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 10:11
    Nicola Zirilli

Thank you Frederik, but my problem is not when upgrade umbraco, but when a make change to my packege and I want to deploy it in a web site where then package already exists and there is content linked to the document type or template present in the package.

Do you have any other suggestion?

• Frederik Raabye 72 posts 276 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 28, 2018 @ 14:09
    Frederik Raabye

I do believe you can use the migrations for your package upgrades as well. However, you would have to handle references on you own. Perhaps a more experienced package dev can provide some more detailed tips.

• Sonja 133 posts 621 karma points
    May 24, 2019 @ 06:54
    Sonja

Hi Nicola,

before saving and publishing you need to update the package version. If the version number is different you will not have any problems updating

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft