Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Gomes 38 posts 184 karma points
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 17:02
    Carlos Gomes

Migrate packages to v8

Hi guys,

I've been trying Umbraco v8 in the last few days and the next module that I'm going to take my hands on is the plugins.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Tutorials/Porting-Packages-V8/ this the official documentation regarding this matter, but, for example, I'm facing problems to make some packages to work in v8 like Nexu, Personalization Group, Diplo God Mode, Tinifier...

Did someone already migrate packages to v8? In which files should I take look to make them work in v8?

Thanks!

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 17:08
    Nik

Hi Carlos,

Currently, I think most packages have yet to be migrated to Umbraco v8. It would be worth reaching out on each of their respective github repositories (if they have them) and raise an issue on there to ask if they have thought about v8 support. Some packages, you'll find, are going to migrate, others possibly not.

Something to note though, if you are interested in helping Package Creators do the migration, I'm sure they would appreciate it. Managing these open source packages is something most of them do in their spare time and for free so any help is appreciated.

Nik

• Carlos Gomes 38 posts 184 karma points
    Feb 28, 2019 @ 17:57
    Carlos Gomes

Hi Nik,

Thanks for your quick response on this. I'm working on that, hopefully, we can all work together to guarantee that everything can work in v8.

Once again, thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft