Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damion 96 posts 331 karma points
    Mar 19, 2019 @ 16:53
    Damion

Expand on users table in Umbraco 8

Hello,

I'm brand new to Umbraco and wonder if anyone could suggest the best way to go about the following?

I'm familiar with MVC and have spent a couple of days looking round a new Umbraco installation.

One of the first tasks I have to do is expand on the users table. I need to include a bigger user profile, and when the new user first logs in, force them to populate it.

Am I best to expand on that table or create a custom user profile table? Then, how can I direct them to my user profile page (already built and working) after 1st login?

thanks

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Mar 20, 2019 @ 02:58
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Damion

Welcome to Umbraco - hope you are enjoying...

In terms of extending members, the best option is to log in to the admin area, go to the Members section and add properties there for custom member information.

For members, you need a "Member Type" and on this you can add custom properties which can be maintained via views / controllers / etc.

In terms of checking when they first login, potentially you simply look for a field having a value in it and redirect if not, or a more robust approach would be to have a date field that is populated when they complete the initial data - this provides a good audit trail for future reference should you ever have to deal with queries.

Hope that helps.

Nigel

• Damion 96 posts 331 karma points
    Mar 20, 2019 @ 08:43
    Damion

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll give this a go and see how we get on

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft