Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 14, 2019 @ 12:58
    Paul Seal

How do I make my Umbraco Package work from a NuGet Install with Doc Types, Data Types and Content being created on install

Hi

I have an Umbraco v7 package which will add some doc types, a data type and some content when you install it. Is there a way for it to do all of this if it is installed via NuGet?

Kind regards

Paul

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 14, 2019 @ 15:24
    Kevin Jump

Hi Paul,

you can call the Packaging Service Install Functions - if you have the XML for the doctypes, etc in your package, you can then load these and pass them to the individual functions to install everything for you.

or you can go full on, include uSync.Core and call the usync functions to do the installing for you :) - thats how the LocalGov Starter kit does it. https://github.com/KevinJump/LocalGovStarterKit/tree/v6-main/Src/Jumoo.StarterKit.Installer

(historically the packaging service was bad at media not sure if it still is).

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 14, 2019 @ 15:40
    Paul Seal

That's cool, thanks Kevin. Can I use it to call a custom Package Action which is in the dll of the project?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 14, 2019 @ 15:58
    Kevin Jump

yeah you should be able to.

what i've done is have the kit install then the post install page invited the user to install the example content, but i don't think there is anything stopping you having it hapeen in an action.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft