Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claus Jessing 9 posts 100 karma points
    Aug 28, 2019 @ 06:43
    Claus Jessing

Can I redirect to custom USER login if user is not logged in as backoffice user

I have managed to create a custom login page for backoffice users authenticating against my own IdP. This works even though not as elegant as I'd like but it works... :-) My custom login page is located at /login.

Now what I'd like is to detect if a user trying to access /umbraco and the user is not logged in then redirect the user to /login.

Is this possible? And if so how?

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 28, 2019 @ 07:51
    David Brendel

Hi Claus,

why do you actually want to redirect?

If /umbraco is not your actual entry point for the backoffice I would remove the route and tell the users to use /login for the backoffice login.

Not sure if it is actual possible to remove the route for /umbraco if there is actually one. But that would be my stating point on that.

Regards David

• Claus Jessing 9 posts 100 karma points
    Aug 28, 2019 @ 07:58
    Claus Jessing

I want to redirect to /login as this takes me to my external IdP (Danish national entry point for accessing public sites: "NemLog-in is a cooperation between municipalities, regions and the State. It is a common log-on solution which gives access to the public authority self-service solutions.").

When I complete a successful login I'm taken back to /umbraco with all the Umbraco privileges my user has.

I'm sure it doesn't make much sense :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft