Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Maarten van Alebeek 7 posts 87 karma points
    Mar 23, 2016 @ 15:25
    Maarten van Alebeek

Examine doesn't properly index value changes

Hello,

I'm using Examine to search for umbraco members in the frontend of my website. But whenever I save a member in the backoffice, Examine deletes the member from its index(even when I don't change any values, just pressing the "save" button is enough).

InternalMemberIndexer before saving

enter image description here

InternalMemberIndexer after saving

enter image description here

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix this without having to press the "Rebuild Index" button everytime I press the "save" button?

Thanks in advance,

Maarten

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2016 @ 15:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Maarten

Not sure I know the answer to this one but I think it would be nice to know the exact version of Umbraco 7 that you're using since it might be a bug related to that specific version that has either already been fixed (if you're using 7.3.x for instance) or needs to be fixed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Mar 23, 2016 @ 19:50
    Maarten van Alebeek

Hi Jan,

Im using version 7.4.1

Maarten

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2016 @ 22:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Maarten

Ok - I just checked the issues list at http://issues.umbraco.org but I was not able to find any bugs regarding the members not being indexed properly in v7.4.1 - However that does not mean there is no bug - But I'm wondering if you see any possible related log entries marked with either "ERROR" or "WARN" in the /App_Data/Logs file on the disk?

And have you tried keeping the console log of your browser open while doing the indexing to see if it displays some kind of error message?

/Jan

Mar 24, 2016 @ 08:43
    Maarten van Alebeek

Hi Jan,

The logs donĀ“t show any relatable messages, the only message it shows is when i optimize the index.

[P5100/D2/T19] INFO UmbracoExamine.DataServices.UmbracoLogService - Index is being optimized, Provider=InternalMemberIndexer, NodeId=-1

But there are no messages involving any indexing problems when pressing the "save" button in the member screen or the "Rebuild Index" button of the InternalMemberIndexer.

Maarten

Apr 04, 2016 @ 09:29
    Maarten van Alebeek

Hello everyone,

I'm still dealing with this problem, all I know is that Examine doesn't index changes that are made to my default member properties. I can't find any posts related to this problem so I'm asking again if anyone knows what the problem might be and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Maarten

• Sunnefa 22 posts 41 karma points
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 10:23
    Sunnefa

I'm having the same problem. When I change member programmatically the index does not rebuild even though I've tried to trigger rebuilding in the code. Every time I change a member I have to go and manually rebuild the index, which is not ideal obviously. So any answers?

• Marthijn Wassink 17 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 15, 2016 @ 07:20
    Marthijn Wassink

I believe I got the same problem. I had created a topic already after I found this topic.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/extending-umbraco-and-using-the-api/78693-examine-missing-member-properties-after-saving-in-the-backend

Any answers? Any workarounds?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft