Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Hvarregaard 21 posts 61 karma points
    Mar 25, 2016 @ 06:17
    Brian Hvarregaard

Displaying a list of not approved comments in backoffice

Hi, My wife have a website (http://www.effektivkur.dk) i have rewritten from Wordpress into Umbraco - and i love it now.

I have comments on each article on the website so that the visitors can comment on an article. Having more than 100 different articles makes this a huge assignment.

The comments are nodes in the backoffice, because i want them cached so they run super fast - that was one of the problems with the old Wordpress site - when i get like 400 comments it slows down. Each comment node has a bool property that determines if it is approved or not.

So my question is: How can i make a list of all the not-approved comments in my backoffice, so i dont have to go to each article to approve them. Could i create a new general tab in content or some place central?

I would settle for a list of not-approved comments and then clicking on a link going to that article and handle them there. I dont necessarily have to edit and approve them in the list.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2016 @ 10:02
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Brian,

Are the comments child items of the article ?

If yes than you create a datatype based on the list view property editor and add that to your article.

Than it will list all comments on that page. You can probably add a column to the list to show your approved state

Dave

Mar 25, 2016 @ 10:11
    Brian Hvarregaard

Hi. The comments Are children to the article. And on each article I show these as a list view. But I need a bigger overview so I can see all not approved comments across articles. I need that some place central so I don't need to access every article to see if they have any unapproved comments.

A list on the main content screen would be perfect that I can control with a razor expression or something.

I don't. Know if that is what you mean?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2016 @ 10:19
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Brian,

The only way is to create your own dashboard for that.

A good starting point for dashboard can be the source code of this package : https://github.com/dawoe/umbraco-loadbalancing-dashboard/

Dave

Mar 25, 2016 @ 16:03
    Brian Hvarregaard

Cheers I will have a look at that.

Mar 27, 2016 @ 04:38
    Brian Hvarregaard

Hi Dave, I have been looking over the source code and have two final questions about it. Im still working this extension/angular stuff out.

How do I plug it in to an Umbraco installation - am i missing something here? Cant find any documentation on it...

And where is the exact entry point for pluggin the dashboard into the UI (i guess this will make more sense to me if/when i get it up and running). Right now i

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft