Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Veronica Burd 76 posts 201 karma points
    Mar 30, 2016 @ 09:42
    Veronica Burd

Errors in DisableBrowserCacheAttribute OnActionExecuted since upgrading to 7.4.2

Hi,

I've noticed that since upgrading to 7.4.2 I'm getting a lot of errors with Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.DisableBrowserCacheAttribute.OnActionExecuted in the backend that didn't occur with 7.4.1

Could this be masking the actual error? It's happened on a number of different pages but currently I'm able to reproduce it while trying to test an xpath expression for a nuPicker Xml Prefetch List.

/umbraco/backoffice/nuPickers/XmlDataSourceApi/GetEditorDataItems?currentId=206133&parentId=186993&propertyAlias=committeeRelations

ExceptionMessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.,
    ExceptionType: System.NullReferenceException,
    StackTrace:    at Umbraco.Web.WebApi.Filters.DisableBrowserCacheAttribute.OnActionExecuted(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext)
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.OnActionExecutedAsync(HttpActionExecutedContext actionExecutedContext, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Apr 05, 2016 @ 14:56
    Shola

Hello Veronica, you may want to star/vote on this issue:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8239

(I'm having something similar with deploying via Courier)

• Stefano Beretta 101 posts 246 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 08:56
    Stefano Beretta

Hi everyone!

I see this problem will be solved in the next release 7.4.3 (currently 65%).

Does someone know a temporary workaround to successfully save and publish (avoiding the YSOD in the dialog)?

I'm using both nuPickers and custom properties and this bug is making me mad...

Thank you :D

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 15:12
    Shola

Hey there!

The progress for 7.4.3 is above 90% with a release estimate of this week (they must have been working extra hard the last couple of days). So hopefully that is soon enough.

• Stefano Beretta 101 posts 246 karma points
    Apr 12, 2016 @ 15:17
    Stefano Beretta

Wow!

I checked the progress in the morning and it was 65%...

Thank you for the update and thank the UTeam for the hard work! :D

HFYR!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft