Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nik 5 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 04, 2016 @ 02:18
    Nik

content picker and listview

Hey guys

I'm using a content picker in a custom section to select content nodes like this:

dialogService.contentPicker({
                multiPicker: false,
                startNodeId: "1082",
                callback: function (contentData) {
                 }
            });

This works pretty well, but when i use a listview on the parent node (1082), the child nodes are not displayed by the content picker anymore .

Is it somehow possible to use a list view inside the content tree but display as tree inside the dialog?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Apr 04, 2016 @ 02:30
    Nicholas Westby

Nope, it is the default behavior of the content picker to display a search box for nodes that are list views.

You could build your own content picker that displays a tree instead of a search box. Or perhaps you could submit a pull request to the Umbraco core that allows you to pass a boolean to the existing content picker to force a tree display.

However, I believe there was some discussion around the possibility of replacing the search box with a pager. Not sure if/when they'll end up doing that, but you might suggest that and then submit a pull request if you have some extra time.

EDIT: Here's the discussion around adding a pager (aka list view) in the content picker dialog: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/68102-list-view-prevents-items-from-showing-in-multinode-tree-picker#comment-240357

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft