Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin 15 posts 146 karma points
    Apr 15, 2016 @ 09:25
    Kevin

Is this possible?

Hi guys,

What I'm wondering is if the following is possible:

Would it be possible to create an usercontrol which lets the content editor (in our case, this is the customer) which makes an accordion list. And the user can keep adding content to this accordion list.

On top of that, the customer should be able to select this usercontrol in a RTE. - Is this possible?

So basically - the customer is editing content in a RTE and should be able to add this accordion list into his content with options to add content into it.

• Kevin Jump 2327 posts 14813 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 15, 2016 @ 09:41
    Kevin Jump

Hi Kevin

Yes its quite doable, have a look at the archetype and Nested Content packages

both of them do the type of thing you are looking for

Apr 15, 2016 @ 09:46
    Kevin

Hi Kevin!

enter image description here

See image above. I am trying to avoid to make a new "tab" in a Document Type, but instead I want to do the above.

Apr 15, 2016 @ 09:54
    Kevin Jump

Ahh bit harder !

a. my first instinct would be use the grid (which you are) to add accordion like content below that rte and above the next one. (then you would need to create a grid editor)

b. you could build a macro to do it, but it won't give you direct editing in the editor. it's more of a TinyMCE thing (so not sure how you might achieve it directly)

c. I have had similar requests in the past, I did child nodes of the current page for each of the accordion parts. those 'tabs' don't get rendered by themselves but the macro embedded in the RTE adds them to the parent page.

it looks like this in the tree.

child tabs

However that was before the grid which would let you do this type of thing more like a.

Apr 15, 2016 @ 10:46
    Kevin

How would I create a grid editor? And how hard is it to achieve it?

Apr 15, 2016 @ 10:52
    Kevin Jump

Hi

if you've built any property editors in the past, they are not too different,

It you're new to it - it's all angular (1.x) and it's quite nice once you get your head around it, you can basically build anything you want.

Basics here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/backoffice/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/Grid-Layout/build-your-own-editor

So depends on your exposure to the angular stuff in umbraco really.

Apr 15, 2016 @ 12:08
    Kevin

I see - alright, thanks.

I have never used Angular, yet. I think I want something similar to the Image grid editor.

Is this all handled through Angular? If so, where would I need to start? (To create something similar..)

Apr 15, 2016 @ 12:20
    Kevin Jump

hi

best place to look is at the current ones, they live in

\Umbraco\Views\propertyeditors\grid\

the github repo has the controllers too

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/tree/75c2b07ad3a093b5b65b6ebd45697687c062f62a/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/views/propertyeditors/grid/editors

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft