Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lewis 4 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 14:54
    Lewis

SurfaceController deployment

Afternoon,

I'm using the latest version of Umbraco & I have a requirement whereby I need to create a SurfaceController to access some data in an external database via my Umbraco hosted website. I have written my SurfaceController, domain classes, models and repositories in a single external assembly & I have my custom views ready to go. Ultimately I'd like to create a package to deploy this on my hosted Umbraco installation.

The issue I have is that I can't find any tutorials or similar that describe creating SurfaceControllers in an external assembly.

I have tried deploying my assembly (which contains Controller, Repos, Models etc) into the bin folder, the App_Plugins folder (as per the docs) along with the views etc. but all to no avail. Currently everything I've tried results in a "No route in the route table matches the supplied values." error which isn't too helpful :)

Does anyone have any pointers to how I can go about this? I'd rather not have to compile this into my Umbraco site as all the tutorials I've seen suggest.

Thanks

Lewis

• Lewis 4 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 18, 2016 @ 15:55
    Lewis

Managed to get a little bit further with this.

I've created an empty website project and pulled in the Umbraco.CMS binaries from Nuget, if I then set a reference from this site to my assembly (and put the views in the right folder) it all works fine.

I'm obviously missing something somewhere, config file perhaps?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft