Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper Ordrup 1019 posts 1528 karma points MVP
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 10:46
    Jesper Ordrup

Image cropper when picking - does it exist already?

We need to crop when selecting image. This because we need different crops on each use without uploading images to content.

The perfect way would be that you upload your media to media section and WHEN you PICK the image from content - you get to specify your crop. So in this case it's actually the picker datatype which "should" have the crop definitions and UI of the the new image cropper.

What puzzles me is that I think I've seen that somewhere?

/Jesper

Apr 20, 2016 @ 11:31
    Jesper Ordrup

I found this http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6223

But i'm still hoping that someone might have non core solution?

/jesper

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 12:07
    Jeroen Breuer

Hi Jesper,

Maybe you can do some experiments with the grid. There you can select an image and after selecting it you can crop the image. The image path and crop data is stored in the grid.

So maybe a grid where you can you only select the image?

Also see this post: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/63252-How-to-crop-images-within-Grid-Layout#comment-213072

Jeroen

Apr 20, 2016 @ 12:54
    Jesper Ordrup

Thanks for that pointer, Breuer. Interesting workaround with grid. I really hope theres something else out there :)

/Jesper

• Jannik Anker 48 posts 258 karma points c-trib
    Apr 28, 2016 @ 11:06
    Jannik Anker

Wouldn't that kind of defeat the original purpose of the cropper functionality?

I believe the idea was that you could upload one image and then let the designer pick the best crop for the view.

Apr 28, 2016 @ 11:29
    Jesper Ordrup

Hi Jannik,

Thats a well known scenario and that should certainly not be replaced / removed.

My idea is to allow for another scenario where we let a content editor use the exact same cropping methods (ux wise) to select the crop they want when selecting the image (picker).

Surely not suitable for all situations.

/jesper

• Jannik Anker 48 posts 258 karma points c-trib
    Apr 28, 2016 @ 12:11
    Jannik Anker

Yeah, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page about what to reasonably expect from the original cropper :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft