Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Apr 25, 2016 @ 18:41
    Connie DeCinko

uComponents-Legacy: XPath DropDownList

Two questions.

1. I have been using XPath DropDownList for quite some time but I see it now marked as Legacy. Is there a newer recommended method (in Umbraco 6.x) to display a selection of content nodes in a drop down list?

2. How do I sort the results? I have this as my XPath Expression and I need to sort so the newest content node is on top.

$currentPage//* [@isDoc and (name()='LegalNewsHeadline' or name()='ArizonaAttorneyNewsCenterArticle') and youtubeEmbedURL !='']

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 25, 2016 @ 18:55
    Dan Diplo

The equivalent of uComponents in Umbraco 7 is the nuPickers package. This has an XML DropDownList that you can use XPath with.

https://github.com/uComponents/nuPickers/wiki

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Apr 25, 2016 @ 19:01
    Connie DeCinko

Sorry, still on Umbraco 6.x as we haven't had time to rework the website for Umbraco 7.

I did find the replacement for the uComponents editor, XPath DropDownList. Now, to figure out how to sort the results. Unless I find a better way than making users sift through a thousand items in a dropdown list to indicate the video of the day.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 25, 2016 @ 20:37
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Connie,

IIRC you can't sort an XPath DropdownList (or any of the other lists like CheckBoxList, CheckBoxTree etc.).

It looks like the XPath Templateable List is able to do it though?

Hope that helps,

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft