Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Devin Gleason Lambert 27 posts 89 karma points
    May 10, 2016 @ 15:35
    Devin Gleason Lambert

I just upgraded from 6 to 7.4.3 and I have extra folders that I am undecided on whether they are extraneous and can be deleted, are needed as part of the project, need to be deployed, or can just be ignored and allowed to regenerate themselves?

• /App_Data/Cache // I can ignore it according to, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16438390/should-i-delete-temp-folder-when-publishing-umbraco
    • /App_Data/Temp/CssMigration // I have no clue, no trace about it on the internet
    • /App_Data/Temp/DistCache // not sure if this needs to be deployed and source controlled, I am leaning toward not
    • /App_Data/Temp/FileUploads // not sure if this needs to be deployed and source controlled, I am leaning toward not
    • /App_Data/Temp/install // empty, just deleting
    • /AppPlugins/ModelBuilders // /AppPlugins already setup in TFS and deployment, no changes.
    • //App_Data/NuGetBackup // just going to zip this up and exclude from project and source control

Thanks Again, Devin

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 10, 2016 @ 15:53
    Nik

Hi Devin,

I don't deploy any files/folders that are located in the App_Data folder, especially the Temp directory as it is all re-created.

I'm not certain about the ModelBuilders folder myself but so far I've not opted for including it into the solution and as a result TFS.

The NuGetBackup is, I believe a backup pre-upgrade of various files such as web config etc. I don't include my App_data folder in my solution or in TFS so by default that would get ignored and would not be published.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft