Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bruno 23 posts 53 karma points
    May 11, 2016 @ 15:53
    Bruno

Error while running website

Today i opened an umbraco project and i got this (YSOD)

Unable to open configSource file 'config\BaseRestExtensions.config'.

<BaseRestExtensions configSource="config\BaseRestExtensions.config" />

Last time i was testing some owin auth + rest API stuff, this happened a month or more ago, so don't recall how this happened.

Anyone faced such error before ?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 11, 2016 @ 19:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bruno

Do you have any kind of version control system for this solution? If so is it possible for you to rollback or see the history on the BaseRestExtensions.config file? or perhaps the web.config?

Have you also checked that it's not because the BaseRestExtensions.config file is missing from the /config/ folder for some weird reason? Or maybe it exists but has been corrupted somehow?

/Jan

May 11, 2016 @ 20:28
    Bruno

After looking it up, i see baserestapi.config doesn't exist, also other config like files don't exist ( FileSystemProviders.config ). i am not sure what package this config file should be part of... it looks like something from the core or the main umbraco package.

I think i can just copy paste these files from other projects but i feel it is more appropriate to know what caused these errors and try to "fix" it or maybe not have same problem repeated in a live website.

That project wasn't under source control since i just made it to test features and some umbraco packages.

May 12, 2016 @ 04:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bruno

It's hard to tell why those files are missing - Can you remember how you originally made the Umbraco installation? Whether you did it using nuget or manually the /config/ files should be a part of the installation.

They always are - You can download a copy of the Umbraco version this site is using install it and then grab the missing config files from there.

I don't have any idea about why this has happened - Only thing that comes to mind is that it may have been a permission issue somehow...but it's hard to tell since I don't know how you did the setup process back then :)

/Jan

May 12, 2016 @ 09:33
    Bruno

i use nuget to install packages, i was testing packages, installing, updating, uninstalling.

Last i tried the rest API, was trying the authentication using auth from a mobile app. My net was unstable back then maybe some update/install failed by timeout, i am not sure but could this the problem ?

i am interested to know what could caused such problem so i be more cautious about it in the future.

May 12, 2016 @ 10:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bruno

Well it's not easy to figure out why the issue has occured.

When you do a clean installation from nuget then the files should be downloaded too. So I was initially thinking that perhaps they were not included in a version control system but since it seems you're not then that can't be it.

It's not something that happens since many people would have probably asked more questions about it on the forums and a bug report or two would have been posted since that would happen to many people :)

Perhaps it happened that you unawaringly deleted the files yourself without thinking more about it?

I know I have done that a couple of times myself :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft