Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kavish Roseeawon 2 posts 72 karma points
    May 22, 2016 @ 20:16
    Kavish Roseeawon

Custom Field in Member Type not displayed

Hello,

I have added a few custom datatypes to the existing Member Type. There is a need to add these new columns for selection to the existing dashboard for members display(where the list of members for a specific member type are displayed). Currently, the fields Name, Email, Username, LastEdited are displayed by default. Can you indicate how may I add new custom field for selection in this table(screenshot attached). enter image description here

There are also a couple of attributes when adding custom datatypes for member types, namely "Show on member profile" and "Member can edit". Can you indicate their purpose?

Kind Regards, Kavish

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 22, 2016 @ 20:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Kavish and welcome to our :)

If you have access to the developer section in your Umbraco installation go there, and the open up the data types folder.

Then you will get a list of the data types. Look for List View - Members in there you can configure and add columns for the list view for members. Try to see this screenshot below.

enter image description here

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Kavish Roseeawon 2 posts 72 karma points
    May 23, 2016 @ 14:24
    Kavish Roseeawon

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for your answer, the above manipulation did the trick for me :)

I had a couple of additional questions though. The custom attribute I have added is of type Drop Down List, and I have added a few prevalues to it.

I cannot sort the table based on the custom field(on click o the field in the table header, no action is performed). enter image description here Another issue is that the prevalue ID is being displayed in the list instead o the text of the prevalue. Can the text be displayed instead?

Kind Regards, Kavish

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft