Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Prashant Akerkar 13 posts 80 karma points
    May 31, 2016 @ 17:13
    Prashant Akerkar

TinyMCE Editor Plugin Font Family Selection.

Umbraco CMS Version : 7.2.8

The TinyMCE Editor Plugin do not allow Changing Font - i.e. Font Family and Color for the Text Highlighted.

What is the solution for this ?.

Thanks & Regards, Prashant S Akerkar

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 01, 2016 @ 14:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Prashant

This is not an option that is configured out of the box in the Umbraco implementation of the TinyMCE plugin.

If you really reallly need it I guess it's possible to add this option using some of the documentation found here https://www.tinymce.com/docs/plugins/fullpage/#fullpagedefaultfont_family - But I must admit I can't quite remember how to extend the tinymce options anymore since the implementation has been rewritten through the later version of v7 so I can't currently offer you any guidance on that apart from that you should probably try having a look in the /config/TinyMceSettings.config file where you will definently need to do some of the setup.

However I don't see the use case for allowing the editors to change the font-family from within the RTE field? Can't you perhaps approach the issue from a different angle by using the "Formats" dropdown for instance, which will set a class on whatever you mark (If you have defined any) and then you can use a stylesheet to control, which font-family should be used?

/Jan

• Prashant Akerkar 13 posts 80 karma points
    Jun 02, 2016 @ 07:44
    Prashant Akerkar

Jan

Thanks.

After modifying the tinyMceConfig.config file as you mentioned, The Font Family, Font Color,Font Size features were added in the TinyMCE Editor plugin.

Code Snippet

<command>
            <umbracoAlias>mceForeColor</umbracoAlias>
            <icon>images/editor/forecolor.gif</icon>
            <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="forecolor">forecolor</tinyMceCommand>
            <priority>75</priority>
          </command>
          <!-- Font family selector tool -->
          <command>
            <umbracoAlias>mcefontselect</umbracoAlias>
            <icon>images/editor/fontselect.png</icon>
            <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="fontselect">fontselect</tinyMceCommand>
            <priority>17</priority>
          </command>
          <!-- Font size selector tool -->
          <command>
            <umbracoAlias>mcefontsizeselect</umbracoAlias>
            <icon>images/editor/fontsizeselect.png</icon>
            <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="fontsizeselect">fontsizeselect</tinyMceCommand>
            <priority>18</priority>
          </command>
    <plugin loadOnFrontend="true">textcolor</plugin>

Thanks & Regards, Prashant S Akerkar

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft