Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NDDT 68 posts 240 karma points c-trib
    Jun 01, 2016 @ 13:34
    NDDT

own modal in angularjs / umbraco-backend

Hi,

I'm currently writing a dashboard and I'm using the dialogservice to open umb-modals. This works pretty good but I would prefere the standart-bootstrap-modal.

The problem is, that it has to be placed beneath the body-node to function correctly. I could move it there with some js-code but then the buttons of the modal can't call the functions of my controller anymore.

Does anyone have an idea how to work arround this? Having the modal-code outside the controller right beneath the body-element and still be able to wire it up with the controller?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 01, 2016 @ 13:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi NDDT

I'm not sure what it is that you're building but to me it sounds more like you're in need of the "umbOverlay" directive - You can learn more about it here https://our.umbraco.org/apidocs/ui/#/api/umbraco.directives.directive:umbOverlay

This documentation was just released the other day so I'm not surprised if you did not know it existed :) - Also many of the directives and methods has not been fully documented yet - But it's a nice overview to get some ideas about what is actually offered out of the box so you don't need to re-invent the wheel etc.

Hope this helps? :)

/Jan

Jun 01, 2016 @ 14:44
    NDDT

Hi Jan,

thanks for your help.

This looks exactly like what I need. Is this availible in Umbraco 7.3.5?

Jun 01, 2016 @ 14:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi NDDT

With the release of 7.4 a lot of refactoring has been going on under the hood of Umbraco so there is a possibility that it's not available in 7.3.5...I simply can't remember - But I think it should be quick to try out.

Otherwise try having a look at how the nested content project is making an overlay - Their controller is here https://github.com/leekelleher/umbraco-nested-content/blob/develop/src/Our.Umbraco.NestedContent/Web/UI/App_Plugins/NestedContent/Js/nestedcontent.controllers.js

They don't seem to be making use of the mentioned directive and their package was released before v7.3.0 so it's doable but the way to do it might have changed betweeen 7.3 and 7.4.

Hope this helps :)

/Jan

Jun 03, 2016 @ 09:28
    NDDT

I marked the first one as solution as it is probaply the best way to solve it, even though I had to go another way.

Thanks for your help :)

Jun 03, 2016 @ 11:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi NDDT

Happy to hear you found a way to sove it - how did you go about it if not using the umbOverlay directive? :)

/Jan

Jun 07, 2016 @ 11:52
    NDDT

I made some changes to the Bootstrap-Modal.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft