Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1474 posts 3431 karma points c-trib
    Jun 21, 2016 @ 07:21
    Simon Dingley

FindPublishedContent: Begin finders is delaying site load time significantly

I have a site that has long load times from a cold start and even after that response times are delayed for an unacceptably long period of time. This is a load balanced site across two servers and the install hosts 7/8 sites for different countries, it has quite a lot of nodes.

I have enabled the miniprofiler and continuously find at the start of the stack that the longest running item is similar to the following:

[PublishedContentRequestEngine] FindPublishedContent: Begin finders — 14776.90 ms

In the ApplicationStarting event I have the following which may or may not be related:

// Locates shared content in non-english sites
    ContentFinderResolver.Current.InsertTypeBefore<ContentFinderByNotFoundHandlers, OrganisationContentFinder>();
    ContentFinderResolver.Current.InsertTypeBefore<ContentFinderByNotFoundHandlers, OrganisationFolderContentFinder>();

// Replacement for v4/6 DateFolder structures
    ContentFinderResolver.Current.InsertType<DateFolderContentFinder>();

ContentLastChanceFinderResolver.Current.SetFinder(new MultiSite404LastChanceFinder());

Can anyone shed any light on why this might be causing such a significant delay? It's something I would have perhaps only expected to see at application start up but it happens for every page request.

Umbraco 7.4.3

Thanks, Simon

• Simon Dingley 1474 posts 3431 karma points c-trib
    Jul 27, 2016 @ 08:35
    Simon Dingley

Just wanting to try and bump this post and issue:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8628

At the moment the slow performance of FindPublishedContent is prevent the deployment of an upgrade to v7.4.3 and I'm now stuck on what further to do in order to work around this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft