Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Don Nehc 69 posts 222 karma points
    Jul 13, 2016 @ 15:54
    Don Nehc

Constants.Applications Definition

Hello, I added a new application to "tree.config":

Also, I added this definition to "ApplicationDefinitions.cs":

[Application(Constants.Applications.Applicants, "Applicants", ".trayapplicants", sortOrder: 6)]
    public class ApplicantsApplicationDefinition : IApplication
    { }

But when I tried to rebuilt, VS complained that "Constants.Applications" doesn't contain a definition for "Applicants".

Where else do I need to modify besides "tree.config" and "ApplicationDefinition.cs" files?

Jul 14, 2016 @ 14:01
    Don Nehc

Hello, I have added two new applications, but their names are enclosed in brackets. Am I missing something? enter image description here

Jul 14, 2016 @ 17:51
    Don Nehc

You probably know. I had to add definitions to language settings. Thank you.

• Ian 178 posts 752 karma points
    Jul 14, 2016 @ 18:05
    Ian

As Umbraco is a multilingual CMS it needs xml language files to provide translations for any interface text shown in the back office.

Text in square brackets indicates that there is no translation for a text 'key' in this case 'applicants' and 'profile'. The new way of supplying translations for text keys in your plugin is to create an lang folder in the root of your package folder eg /App_Plugins/MyPlugin/lang

Then for each language you wish to support you create an xml file named to follow the correct language code eg en-GB.xml or en-US.xml

The contents within the language file are structured like this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> <language alias="en_us" intName="English (US)" localName="English (US)" lcid="" culture="en-US"><creator><name>Your Name</name><link>http://www.</link></creator>; <area alias="sections"><key alias="applicants">Applicants</key></area></language>

You specify which 'area' your translations belong to in this case 'sections' because the translations display in the black control bar.

The key alias matches 'applicants' or 'profile'

You have to configure the other attributes to match the correct language.

A lot of information about this is out of date when you start looking round. Hopefully my description makes some sense.

See also the umbraco documentation here for this

Jul 14, 2016 @ 22:09
    Don Nehc

Thanks Ian for your clear explanation. Appreciate it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft