Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Kaltenhuber 107 posts 286 karma points
    Jul 26, 2016 @ 08:14
    Andreas Kaltenhuber

Umbraco Upgrade Path 7.2.8=>7.5beta

Hi,

we have a 7.2.8 installation and we have to upgrade to 7.5 (min. 7.4.3).

Our main challenge is the size of the project (database is > 4GB, XML Cache >60MB) and we are experiencing continuous high cpu load (>35%) (dedicated server should have enough power with 6 cores, 32GB Ram, SSD).

Whats the best way to make a successfull upgrade (we already tried to move on the 7.3, but the database got corrupted).

should we try:

7.3 7.3.8 7.4 7.4.3 (7.5.beta2)

should we delete the XML cache on every upgrade by hand?

we are a bit stuck at the moment and do need some good advice how to get this done.

thx for your help Andreas

• John Churchley 272 posts 1258 karma points c-trib
    Jul 26, 2016 @ 08:18
    John Churchley

Hi Andreas,

Are you following the version specific upgrades guide?

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/version-specific

Also which method are you deploying? Nuget or Manual?

You shouldn't need to delete the XML cache every upgrade but it would be worth force building the cache.

You want to force-rebuild the Xml. That can be achieved by hitting /umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true

Jul 26, 2016 @ 08:23
    Andreas Kaltenhuber

We are following the upgrade path. We already upgraded several sites without troubles - the sites were a bit smaller ;-)

But in this case, we do get database errors everytime we try. so its a bit annoying at the moment. Its a manual upgrade.

Andreas

• John Churchley 272 posts 1258 karma points c-trib
    Jul 26, 2016 @ 09:00
    John Churchley

Have you search the issue tracker for the database errors someone else will probably had similar. You might find an answer/workaround. Alternatively describe the errors your getting?

http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard

Jul 26, 2016 @ 13:54
    Andreas Kaltenhuber

I know...

Failed to save Xml to file. System.OutOfMemoryException: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.OutOfMemoryException" wurde ausgelöst. bei System.Text.StringBuilder.ToString() bei umbraco.content.SaveXmlToString(XmlDocument xml) bei umbraco.content.

Before i create an issue i will look at this further. At the moment i'm struggling with the cmsContentXml table, despite that upgrade to 7.3.8 looks good. i have to take care on several packages as well.

andreas

Jul 26, 2016 @ 15:06
    Andreas Kaltenhuber

So fixed all issues and site is up and running the latest beta.

thx, andreas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft