Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MarcC 49 posts 356 karma points
    Aug 15, 2016 @ 15:36
    MarcC

ListView Publish Events? Content Service?

Hey,

I need to add an event to happen as an item is getting published, usually I would use the ContentService and queue it up but when publising multiple documents within a ListView, it seems to skip this service?

*EDIT: I assume it skips it as it doesnt display the message event I have created, where if a single node is published the message is displayed.

Is there a different service the list view uses when doing batch publishing?

enter image description here

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 13:32
    Sven Geusens

I would find it very inconvenient if the list view used other services.

I presume you are hooking into the ContentService.Published or .Publishing evemt?

Could you show the code of how you are interacting with these events?

• MarcC 49 posts 356 karma points
    Aug 17, 2016 @ 06:43
    MarcC

Just doesnt seem to behave the same way as single published nodes, here is a stripped back version where I would atleast hope for a message to pop up per item. In another test I tried adding an 'x' to the name of the document. Sadly, no effect on batch list view publishes.

public class IndexDocumentsNews : ApplicationEventHandler
    {
        protected override void ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
        {
            ContentService.Published += ContentService_Published;

}

void ContentService_Published(IPublishingStrategy sender, PublishEventArgs<IContent> e)
        {

foreach (var publishedEntity in e.PublishedEntities)
            {
                e.Messages.Add(new EventMessage("Indexed", publishedEntity.Name + " Has Been Indexed",
                           EventMessageType.Success));

}
        }

}

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 08:48
    Sven Geusens

The code seems right, maybe the list view doesn't render the messages.

Have you tried sending a message to the log to verify the event is fired or not?

LogHelper.Info<ApplicationEventHandler>("{0} has been indexed.",publishedEntity.Name);

Either way this warrants a bug report i think.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft