Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bilal Haidar 144 posts 410 karma points
    Aug 23, 2016 @ 19:18
    Bilal Haidar

Package a set of Properties in Umbraco

Hi,

I want to create "something" that when installed over Umbraco, creates a Document Type /with Tab and set of Properties. Then later, I can add this Doc Type by composition to any other Document Type.

How should I package the Docu Type + Tab + Properties?

Thanks

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 24, 2016 @ 06:58
    David Brendel

Hi Bilal,

when you set up your document type with the tabs and properties then you can just add it to your package.

So in the developer section under packages, create a new package. Then select your document type, fill in the general information and then publish everything.

If you have a custom dll or some custom property editor which is used in the document type you also have to add the corresponding file to the package.

Regards David

• Bilal Haidar 144 posts 410 karma points
    Aug 24, 2016 @ 08:10
    Bilal Haidar

Many thanks David. I am sorry if my questions are simple, I am still fniding my way in Umbraco.

I noticed that using the "Create" Package I can do such things and in an easy way. All my partial views, macros, etc. could be added.

However, in case I am adding a custom section, and some code to connect to other databases, etc. Isn't better to create everything by code? Or there is no such concept of "Plugin" whereby I create my models, my context, etc. by code?

Maybe I am a bit confused. For instance, I have experience in NopCommerce. There, I create a new plugin, with all my views, logic, data access logic, widgets, etc. and then I install over NC. Is it the same with Umbraco?

Regards Bilal

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2016 @ 06:52
    David Brendel

Hi Bilal,

you can add your custom dlls and some other folders also to the package in that create package dialog.

So you don't have to package thinks up by code.

Just add everything you need in the package. DLL's, Folders with files and the document types, data types and so on.

Regards David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft