Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bezmundo 48 posts 139 karma points
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 13:35
    Bezmundo

XML Data Integrity - ContentXml won't fix

I've been trying to use the Umbraco Api in order to access content. However when I access the API i get an error saying the XML is invalid.

On checking the health check features in the new Umbraco it says I have two invalid entries as shown in the image below:

enter image description here

Is there a quick way to find these errors as I have over 3000+ rows in the cmsContentXml table.

Note this was originally running on Umbraco 4 before being upgraded to 7.5.2

NOTE: What i forgot to mention is that selecting the fix button doesn't correct the issue.

• Richard Thompson 100 posts 336 karma points
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 13:39
    Richard Thompson

I don't know if it's the same cause I had but I had the same issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8911

Aug 30, 2016 @ 13:48
    Bezmundo

I have cleared out the recycle bin but still produces same error. Thanks for your efforts though

Aug 30, 2016 @ 14:20
    Bezmundo

Actually fixed this. Just manually delete all values in the cmsContentXml table and this will force it to properly generate a new valid XML

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 30, 2016 @ 22:15
    Damiaan

The 2 errors can be found by translating the checkContent code into SQL:

var subQuery = new Sql()
                .Select("DISTINCT cmsContentXml.nodeId")
                .From<ContentXmlDto>(_sqlSyntax)
                .InnerJoin<DocumentDto>(_sqlSyntax)
                .On<DocumentDto, ContentXmlDto>(_sqlSyntax, left => left.NodeId, right => right.NodeId);

Not sure what the .On() does. But pretty sure it has to do with the inner join. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft