Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aki 43 posts 214 karma points
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 08:41
    Aki

Update DocumentType Datatypes in code

I'm trying to make a Function that Runs at Initialization of the Webpage and updates from a Backlog of DataTypes / Document Types

This allows us to keep Dev and live Environment Synchronized.

But i cant save Changes...

var contentService = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.ContentTypeService;
                IContentType content = contentService.GetAllContentTypes().Where(x => x.Name == documentTypeName).First();

DataTypeDatabaseType DT = DataTypeDatabaseType.Nvarchar;

PropertyType Property = new Umbraco.Core.Models.PropertyType(PropertyName, DT, PropertyAlias);

Property.Name = PropertyName;

content.AddPropertyType(Property, Tab);

contentService.Save(content, 1);

The issues is the

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FKcmsPropertyTypecmsDataType_nodeId"

I asume Its because it tryes to add the documentType again instead of updating ...

I do have a working version but the code is Obsolete

any help would be appreciated..

PS. we have not yet updates and use Umbraco V 7.3.0

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 27, 2016 @ 09:05
    Kevin Jump

Hi Aki,

it looks like you are attempting to add the doctypes in a simliar way to how uSync does it, so it might be worth looking at the code in it's ContentTypeSerializer and ContentTypeBaseSerializer to give you pointers.

Specifically when you are creating new properties on a content type you need to do checking to confirm they are not already there.

uSync does that in its DeserializeProperties function. where it checks for both Key (guid) and Alias name - A t the very least you probably need to do the alias check

property = content.PropertyTypes.SingleOrDefault(x => x.Alias == alias);

I would then check this for null before doing any creates:

With doctype compositions this is also a bit more complex because the property may exist on another composition further up and when you try to create it - umbraco will throw an error. this might be what's happening in your code. In uSync the CanCreateFunction does the checking on this.

var allProperties = _allContentTypes.Where(x => x.ContentTypeComposition.Any(y => y.Id == item.Id)).Select(x => x.PropertyTypes);
    if (allProperties.Any(x => x.Any(y => y.Alias == alias)))                          
        canCreate = false;

mainly what it is doing is checking to see if the doctype you are using is in used in any compositions and if the property type exists in them.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft