Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jake williamson 207 posts 872 karma points
    Nov 08, 2016 @ 14:02
    jake williamson

loading a dashboard in for a new section in umbraco 7.5x

chaps, can't find a clear answer to this one so i thought i'd buzz the forum...

i've a custom section (which also seems to be called an 'application' in that it inherits from 'IApplication') that's loading in just fine. if you click the section icon, the tree loads. if you click an item in the tree, it loads in the right hand content area.

so far so good. but no dashboard....

how do i load one?! the nice thing about the section (or application?) and tree classes is that they added the 'applications.config' and 'trees.config'. so it'd seem logical that there'd be a 'dashboard' class that would add the dashboard?

i've seen a couple of solutions online but they all tell me to manually edit the 'dashboard.config' which doesn't seem ideal..

any suggestions out there?

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 08, 2016 @ 14:08

Hey you could look at this solution https://github.com/abjerner/Skybrud.Umbraco.Dashboard

• jake williamson 207 posts 872 karma points
    Nov 08, 2016 @ 16:06
    jake williamson

interesting idea - this would allow me to create a c# bit of code that would output the dashboard which keeps everything in code rather than a bit of code and a bit of xml changing (which was what was bothering me...).

thanks for the suggestion, i'll give it a whirl and post back how i get on.

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 08, 2016 @ 16:33

Yup indeed just be aware that you'll have an extra dependency...

• mcgrph 35 posts 162 karma points
    Jun 24, 2017 @ 11:25
    mcgrph

It's a bit late for an additional answer, but I've also struggled to get it working and stumbled upon this answer: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/extending-umbraco-and-using-the-api/82058-custom-section-dashboard

In my case the solution was, that the names in the dashboard.config are interpreted case sensitive :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft