Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kyle 10 posts 90 karma points
    Nov 09, 2016 @ 22:06
    Kyle

Integrating PayPal with Merchello and Umbraco 7

Hello,

I have been trying to integrate PayPal with my site that is running Umbraco 7.4.3 and Merchello 2.1.0 and I have been having issues.

I found this package and have installed the latest version in Umbraco: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/merchello-paypal-express-payment-provider/

I created a sandbox PayPal account with two test users and have configured the Payment Provider settings correctly from what I can tell.

When I try to check out using PayPal, I get an error saying that no token was passed to PayPal. Upon closer inspection, it is throwing this error in the database: 'The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.'

I've looked at the cart before the order gets sent to paypal and everything seems to be lining up there, is this an error with Merchello? I understand that this plugin is very old and may have errors with compatibility. Is there an easier way to go about integrating Paypal with Merchello these days?

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Nov 15, 2016 @ 17:26
    Kyle

Can anyone help me with this?

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 16, 2016 @ 15:07
    David Brendel

Hi Kyle,

I have gotten the express checkout working. But not using this package. Mercheloo 2 comes witht he express gateway preinstalled. So you can just activate it, enter your data and are good to go.

Besides that I think there was an issue with PayPal in the 2.0 and 2.1 releases. I upgraded to 2.2 to get it working.

Regards David

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Nov 23, 2016 @ 14:51
    Simon

Hi David Brendel,

I am experiencing an issue of having redirected to the paypal page and just saying No Token Passed.

I have Merchello 2.2.1. I have installed it with nuGet

what can I do to get it solved?

Kind Regards

Nov 30, 2016 @ 15:22
    Kyle

Hi Simon,

I was able to figure out my problem, maybe I can help with yours.

If you go to your merchPayment table in your database and find one of the invoices that is failing (sort by updateDate, maybe) and look in the extendedData there should be a more detailed error.

Basically from what I understand the 'No Token Passed' error happens when something is wrong with setting up the call to paypal. In my case it was happening because not everything in the invoice was totaling correctly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft