Nov 28, 2016 @ 01:41
    Don Nehc

Hide Tree Items based on User

Hello,

I have an Umbraco application tree "School", and under school, I have:

• Info
    • Program
    • Users

I want the "Program" tree node to show when an administrator logs in. But for normal users, I would like to hide or remove the "Program" node. How can I set that up?

Best, -Don

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 28, 2016 @ 04:14
    Nicholas Westby

Right click on the "Program" content node, select "Permissions" in the context menu that appears, then deselect the "Browse Node" permission for the users you want to disallow from seeing that content node.

I believe Umbraco 7.6 is supposed to refine this a bit so you can apply these types of permissions on a per-group rather than on a per-user basis (that's good, because if you have lots of users, managing permissions on a per-user basis can be untenable). Before Umbraco 7.6 comes out, this may help to apply permissions on a group basis: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/user-group-permissions/

However, there are some indications it may not work on current versions of Umbraco. If you find that to be true, let me know by submitting a bug report with all relevant details and I can take a look.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft