Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AvihayBit 149 posts 303 karma points
    Nov 30, 2016 @ 10:12
    AvihayBit

Save the last time the node was picked

Hello,

My client have a big website with 4 main articles at the home page, picked up with 4 content picker manually. Every few days he picks another articles to be the 4 main articles.

After few months he doesn't remember when was the last time this article where used at the home page. I thought to add a simple property to each article, to save the last time picked - but I don't know how to tell umbraco to save the date to this property (I know how to do it from the website front end, but i dont want it to be saved every time a user visit the home page obviously....).

Anyone done something similar before? thanks.

• Jonathan Richards 288 posts 1742 karma points MVP
    Nov 30, 2016 @ 14:14
    Jonathan Richards

Hi,

Well the good news is that each change to the content node is already in the version table, so the 'Save the last time the node was picked' is already happening. The bit you are missing is how to display that information to the content editor. I can't think of anything that does this out-of-the-box.

So barring, someone else have a package they have already written, I would roll-my-own Angular package. It would display a log of every time a specific content had been picked, and would expect the content picker to read the list before making their choice.

If, and I'm worried, that you want to display a date next to the name of each content as they interact with the content picker control. This would be time consuming to write, and not very generic - as its not the content being picked that has a date, but the content you've picking from.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft