Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Chadwick 41 posts 182 karma points
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 11:22
    Mike Chadwick

Hi,

I have read that Umbraco 8 will have Vorto (or something similar) as part of the core.

This is great news but for those with Umbraco 7+ and Vorto will the upgrade be compatible and allow us to import from v7+Vorto to the new Umbraco 8 Core type?

Thanks

Mike

• Phil Whittaker 63 posts 267 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 11:38
    Phil Whittaker

Good question, I would like to hear about this as well...

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 11:44
    Damiaan

FYI: Send ping to Matt about this topic: https://twitter.com/dampeebe/status/806101303348854784

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 11:47
    Matt Brailsford

It's highly unlikely that these will be upgradable without a set of explicit code within core to do so as I don't think the new feature is going to work anything like vorto.

To be able to move from one to the other will either have to be manual, or some custom code would have to be included (which essentially would be bloatware, so unlikely)

Vorto has always been a band aid so I've known it would become redundant from the start, but it has at least given people an option until v8 comes along with variations which will be a much better in built solution.

Matt

• Mike Chadwick 41 posts 182 karma points
    Dec 06, 2016 @ 13:12
    Mike Chadwick

Thanks for the reply Matt (and others).

Obviously a tool to assist in an upgrade procedure from Umbraco v7 to v8 using Vorto would be great at some point next year, it would be interesting to see if this would be possible in anyway.

Perhaps an export tool for Vorto on v7 to extract translations into a format that would be importable to the new format for v8.... anyway food for thought ;-)

Awesome tool Vorto btw! :-)

• Tito 314 posts 623 karma points
    Jul 01, 2020 @ 15:20
    Tito

I have just written a health check for Umbraco 8 that looks for vorto properties and converts them to variants. Hope this helps:

https://github.com/teeto/Vorto-migration-for-Umbraco-8

Follow the steps, i have used on my project and it works!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft