Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Alcock 113 posts 176 karma points
    Dec 10, 2016 @ 11:15
    Peter Alcock

Hi all,

I am using XSLT to build a quote builder, i need to be able to identify if an input has a 'greater than' value and struggling to get it working within an XSLT. I have tried using CDATA which doesn't seem to work and a bunch of other things!

I know it would be better to have a seperate js file however i need the js to use xslt variables as seen in example below.

can anyone help!?!?!

The below '==' needs to change to a '>' greater than like !> or >

if (totalHeight == 1100){
        var ppm = <xsl:value-of select="$bLwPPM"/>;<!--lightweight cost up to 1100, will change to greater than in .js-->
        }
        else{
        var ppm = <xsl:value-of select="$sLwPPM"/>;<!--lightweight cost up to 600-->
        }

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2016 @ 21:56
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Peter,

You should be able to use the disable-output-escaping attribute for this:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[
    if (totalHeight > 1100) {
        var ppm = ]]></xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="$bLwPPM" />;<!--lightweight cost up to 1100, will change to greater than in .js-->
    <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[
    } else {
        var ppm = ]]></xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="$sLwPPM" />;<!--lightweight cost up to 600-->
    }

Another way would be to only output the two variable values as global JS variables (that your external script could read), or if it makes sense - put them on some element as data-attributes?

Hope that helps,

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft