Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Devin Gleason Lambert 27 posts 89 karma points
    Dec 13, 2016 @ 11:10
    Devin Gleason Lambert

How to refactor Umbraco for rendering controllers

I have been running an Umbraco v7 site for about 3 years. Traditionally I have not rendered any pages using controllers, I have however set up some controllers that I POST forms to but that is about it. My existing View pages have logic baked into them and use external helper methods instead of controllers.

I am about to develop a new page and thought this would be my time to test a better design pattern. This page will render data from a controller as well as required form submission via a controller. What is the best route to proceed that will also go smoothly if I decide to do a refactor on my existing View pages?

I am more specifically looking for an answer around Render vs Surface controllers and which one would be better.It is my understanding that my routing would be unchanged if I went with a Render controller, but if I went with surface, I would have to have special routing?

But if I used a render controller, this does not support form submission?

Not sure what else I am missing?

Thanks Again, Devin

Cross posted http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41111534/how-to-refactor-umbraco-for-rendering-controllers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft