Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bilal Haidar 144 posts 410 karma points
    Dec 22, 2016 @ 19:41
    Bilal Haidar

Extend Grid with Button Property Editor

Hi,

There is no Button Property Editor or Button Grid Property Editor.

When using the Grid on a page, the editor needs to include a "Call For Action" button within the text.

I thought of 2 options to solve this:

1. Create a Macro with several parameters to allow the editor to customize the button (Url, btn-primary, btn-error, etc.). Make this macro available in Grid.
    2. Build a Grid Property Editor. However, I noticed that for Grid Property Editors, there is no way to include parameters to allow the editor to customize the property editor when inserting a button in the Grid cell.

Any idea on which way to go with? And why?

Thanks, Bilal

• Rune Hem Strand 147 posts 911 karma points hq c-trib
    Dec 27, 2016 @ 01:13
    Rune Hem Strand

Hi Bilal

Creating a macro would certainly do the trick and would be fairly easy to set up. I do think a custom Grid Editor might provide a better editing experience though. It also requires a bit more work :)

You can do pretty much everything with Grid editors that you can do with a normal property editor. The concepts are very similar and there is documentation on how to create custom Grid editors. I've created a quick example of how you could go about it here. It's a really basic example and the functionality can be greatly improved.

All the best
    Rune

• Bilal Haidar 144 posts 410 karma points
    Dec 27, 2016 @ 07:17
    Bilal Haidar

That's great Rune. I was reluctant about Grid Editor as I wanted the user to see the button rendered inside Grid. I thought only a Macro would do the job.

I will go through the link you sent me on GitHub, looks neat and what I was having in mind. I will see how a custom editor could be built and expand on that for other things.

Thanks Bilal

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft