Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dawn 13 posts 124 karma points
    Jan 03, 2017 @ 04:16
    Dawn

umbraco version 7.4.3 - Cannot open stylesheets in admin

Hi All,

I am using Umbraco version 7.4.3. I am not able to open Style sheets in admin. I am getting null reference error. Please help me to solve this.

An error occured

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

EXCEPTION DETAILS

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. STACKTRACE

at umbraco.loadStylesheets.Render(XmlTree& tree) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryGetXmlTree(ApplicationTree appTree, String id, FormDataCollection formCollection) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.TryLoadFromLegacyTree(ApplicationTree appTree, String id, FormDataCollection formCollection, UrlHelper urlHelper, String currentSection) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.LegacyTreeController.GetTreeNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings) at Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeControllerBase.GetNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings) at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass10.9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 03, 2017 @ 09:16
    Damiaan

Are you building custom trees? If not, my best guess is that you don't have all components. Also, check you don't have old dll's in the BIN folder.

Jan 03, 2017 @ 10:22
    Dawn

Thanks Damiaan.

I resolved the issue. There were some non css files in that folder. It is working fine after removing those.

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 03, 2017 @ 11:14
    Damiaan

Glad to know it has been solved! What kind of files? If we can reproduce this, we can create an issue on the issue tracker (or even submit a pull request so other people wont have this issue in the future).

Jan 03, 2017 @ 18:18
    Dawn

Hi

I had few css backup files in that folder that made the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft