Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jin Botol 134 posts 287 karma points
    Jan 09, 2017 @ 09:15
    Jin Botol

Login with Facebook

Hi Everyone,

I want to have facebook login in my site, and I install Install-Package UmbracoIdentity but, I got an error after the user login to facebook or accept my apps.

cannot bind source externalloginconfirmationviewmodel to model type umbraco.web.models.rendermodal

[ModelBindingException: Cannot bind source type MVCauth.Models.UmbracoIdentity.ExternalLoginConfirmationViewModel to model type Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel.]
       Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderModelBinder.ThrowModelBindingException(Boolean sourceContent, Boolean modelContent, Type sourceType, Type modelType) +639
       Umbraco.Web.Mvc.RenderModelBinder.BindModel(Object source, Type modelType, CultureInfo culture) +510
       Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoViewPage`1.SetViewData(ViewDataDictionary viewData) +180
       System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ConfigurePage(WebPageBase parentPage) +57
       System.Web.WebPages.<>c__DisplayClass3.<RenderPageCore>b__2(TextWriter writer) +218
       System.Web.WebPages.HelperResult.WriteTo(TextWriter writer) +10
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result) +80
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action`1 body) +63
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext() +237
       System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +98
       System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +256
       System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +107
       Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +113
       System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +290
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +56
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +420
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +52
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +173
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +100
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() +49
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +27
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +13
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) +12
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +22
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +26
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +21
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9765121

I'm new in API. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

• Damiaan 442 posts 1302 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 09, 2017 @ 09:46
    Damiaan

Which versions of Umbraco and UmbracoIdentity are you using? A new version of UmbracoIdentity has recently been launched.

Also, there are a few config changes which need to be made. Have you configured UmbracoIdentity properly?

Kind regards

Jan 09, 2017 @ 09:56
    Jin Botol

Hi Sir Damiaan,

I'm using latest version both Umbraco and UmbracoIdentity.
    Yes I'm with the config changes.

• Damiaan 442 posts 1302 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 09, 2017 @ 10:36
    Damiaan

Reviewed the stacktrace. It's the rendering of the view that is not working...

What is MVCauth.Models.UmbracoIdentity.ExternalLoginConfirmationViewModel? This can not be converted to a Rendermodel.

Kind regards
    Damiaan

Jan 10, 2017 @ 02:07
    Jin Botol

Can you tell me sir, Where I got an error? because I only installed the package and I never touch/change the codes, and enabled facebook authentication. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jin

Jan 10, 2017 @ 01:51
    Jin Botol

Hi again,

In this case MVCauth.Models.UmbracoIdentity.ExternalLoginConfirmationViewModel

I think it came up with this

MVCauth/Models/UmbracoIdentity/ExternalLoginConfirmationViewModel

MVCauth is my project, Models and UmbracoIdentity is a folder and ExternalLoginConfirmationViewModel is a model that automatically created when I installed the package.

Cheers,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft