Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter 24 posts 102 karma points
    Jan 11, 2017 @ 09:28
    Peter

How to create nodes in a new section

Hi

I need to create a new section in the left main menu. At the moment I have created a folder in the App_Plugins – and added (amongst other things) a TreeController with 3 TreeNodes (see attached image).

My question/problems is – each of those 3 TreeNodes (which I have created manually in the TreeController) needs to have some children which should be stored in db. How do I do that? Should I do it through the ContentService (eventhough it is not content – and should not have a public URL)?

enter image description hereAny place I can read about this?

• NDDT 68 posts 240 karma points c-trib
    Jan 11, 2017 @ 10:22
    NDDT

You could add your own database-table via peta-poco. It's easy to find examples.

• Peter 24 posts 102 karma points
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 06:36
    Peter

I was a bit in doubt if I should somehow save them in the umbracoNode table - but you would recommend to create their own table using peta-poco?

• NDDT 68 posts 240 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2017 @ 07:44
    NDDT

I have used petapoco in the past.

It's probaply possible to save them as umbraco-nodes, but then they would also be displayed in the content-section and editors would be able to change them. Also you can add meta-data like id's, to create a hierarchy, without displaying them to the users.

You have to create an editor for your custom-section anyway. I don't think it's possible to reuse the one from the content section.

• Aki 43 posts 214 karma points
    Jan 11, 2017 @ 10:42
    Aki

its answered her https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/developing-umbraco-7-packages/49909-Custom-Section-Custom-dynamic-Treenodes-Custom-Node-Content

By Thomas Beckert

namespace UmbMyApp

{

[Application("myAppName", "myAppName", "icon-car", 15)]
    public class myApplication : IApplication { }

[PluginController("myAppName")]
    [Umbraco.Web.Trees.Tree("myAppName", "myAppNameTree", "myAppName Section", iconClosed: "icon-doc")]
    public class myAppTreeController : TreeController
    {
        String[] sectionNodes = { "myAppNameNode1", "myAppNameNode2", "myAppNameNode2", "myAppNameNode4" };
        String[] nlSectionNodes = { "Subnode1" ,"Subnode2", "Subnode3" };

protected override TreeNodeCollection GetTreeNodes(string id, FormDataCollection queryStrings)
        {

if (id == global::Umbraco.Core.Constants.System.Root.ToInvariantString())
            {
                var tree = new TreeNodeCollection();
                tree.Add(CreateTreeNode(sectionNodes[0], id, queryStrings, sectionNodes[0], "icon-calendar-alt", true));
                tree.Add(CreateTreeNode(sectionNodes[1], id, queryStrings, sectionNodes[1], "icon-calendar-alt", true));
                tree.Add(CreateTreeNode(sectionNodes[2], id, queryStrings, sectionNodes[2], "icon-calendar-alt", true));
                tree.Add(CreateTreeNode(sectionNodes[3], id, queryStrings, sectionNodes[3], "icon-calendar-alt", true));

return tree;
            }

//create Childnodes for Treenode myAppNameNode1
            if (id == sectionNodes[0])
            {
                var tree = new TreeNodeCollection();
                tree.Add(CreateTreeNode(nlSectionNodes[0], id, queryStrings, nlSectionNodes[0], "icon-globe-alt", false));
                tree.Add(CreateTreeNode(nlSectionNodes[1], id, queryStrings, nlSectionNodes[1], "icon-globe-alt", false));
                tree.Add(CreateTreeNode(nlSectionNodes[2], id, queryStrings, nlSectionNodes[2], "icon-globe-alt", false));     

return tree;
            }

//this tree doesn't suport rendering more than 1 level
            throw new NotSupportedException();
        }
    }

}

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft