Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob 38 posts 160 karma points
    Jan 26, 2017 @ 09:42
    Bob

Migrating system into umbraco

I have our own system which has its own logging in facility and access to site pages based on their department. I am trying to migrate this site within umbraco 7, but so far if i get my side of things working (removing sections from the config file) i cant login into umbraco anymore but leaving things as they are means my user cant login as the code on our site is checking the type of user and the department they belong to - what options do i have here?

Jan 31, 2017 @ 20:06
    Bob

Does anyone have any idea?

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Jan 31, 2017 @ 21:35
    Biagio Paruolo

Hi,

I think that you need to use member and membergroup and protect section with "public access" function.

Feb 01, 2017 @ 19:26
    Bob

Thanks for replying. Do you have any links I can follow to get grips with this?

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 20:00
    Biagio Paruolo

Hi,

you can find some information here https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/umbraco-7-editors-manual/ but it's simple to configure it.

• in member section you have to create member group and so add to this group your users. You can made more groups and you can add one user to more groups.
    • in content section: click with right mouse button on content node ( then also its children ) that you want protect. Choose Public access and then role based authentication ( if you use groups ).

Remember that you have to create login page to authenticate the users.

Feb 03, 2017 @ 16:39
    Bob

Thanks for that but having a quick read i dont think this is what im after :-(

My own system already has its login facility developed in house. I would like to have our own login system to be used alongside Umbraco's. So when a customer visits my site they will register and be added to our system. When an admin user needs to login (www.mysite.com/umbraco) then it will continue to use the users contained within the umbraco system.

Some say overriding the global.asax file could achieve this but i need some examples on how i could do this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft