Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Biagio Paruolo 1618 posts 1910 karma points c-trib
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 12:08
    Biagio Paruolo

Angular2 Typescript and Umbraco: How to configure a Visual Studio 2015 Solution?

Hi,

I wish to create the frontend with AngularJS 2 + Typescript and use Umbraco as backend where I put data. In the frontend there are some private area.

So, How to configure a Visual Studio 2015 solution?

Thanks.

• Steven Harland 78 posts 518 karma points c-trib
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 12:16
    Steven Harland

Hi Biagio,

The Angular 2 documentation has some instructions for setting up Visual Studio 2015: https://angular.io/docs/ts/latest/cookbook/visual-studio-2015.html

After following these steps you'll want to create an additional ASP.NET Web Application, this time for your Umbraco project, and install Umbraco using NuGet.

That is how I would do it anyway.

Steven

Feb 15, 2017 @ 13:19
    Biagio Paruolo

Thank you for your reply. So I've to create two projects under the solution. One for Umbraco and one for Angularjs? Is't possible to use the angularjs umbraco library under AngularJs2?

Feb 15, 2017 @ 15:05
    Steven Harland

Hi Biagio,

That's correct, so the Angular 2 project is your front-end application and the Umbraco project is your back-end.

The Umbraco AngularJS library is only intended for use in the backoffice. What is it you're trying to do that you would need to use it in your front-end app?

Steven.

Feb 15, 2017 @ 15:19
    Biagio Paruolo

I know that I've to use web api to send data from Umbraco Cms to angular frontend. The only problem is for private area to authenticate the user and so but I know that I need to use Umbraco Identity plus OAuth and then decorate the api method with [authorized]. I don't know how to without OAuth. Do you know?

Feb 15, 2017 @ 16:17
    Steven Harland

I have no experience with Umbraco Identity. However, it should be possible to do what you're asking with Umbraco's standard membership provider. Is ASP.NET Identity a hard requirement for your project?

Feb 15, 2017 @ 18:21
    Biagio Paruolo

Hi, Identity it's not a must, but I've already integrated with Oauth server to generate token and so. Else I can use JWT. How to create OAuth server without identity?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft