Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mahgo 32 posts 152 karma points
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 10:52
    Mahgo

Miniprofiler - working out where view rendering time has gone

I'm having some slow loading times with some of my pages and am trying to work out what is causing them. The result from using Miniprofiler is: enter image description here

The thing is, I can't work out where that duration has gone. "show trivial" shows a lot of 0.0 - 0.3ms tasks, and the sql queries shown have very small times too.

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 21, 2017 @ 10:02
    Damiaan

What is in the _suggestFo* partial? And what code is rendered with the uCommentat* partial?

Are you using a package?

• Mahgo 32 posts 152 karma points
    Feb 21, 2017 @ 12:12
    Mahgo

Hi Damiaan,

The problem I'm having is that the first time loading a page of each document type after Umbraco starts, it can take 10+ seconds for those request, whereas it would normally take <100ms.

Those partials are both pretty simple partials, with one or so database calls each. As previously mentioned, the database calls are taking up a tiny amount of time according to Miniprofiler, so the problem can't be there.

If I'm able to work out how to profile views to work out what's taking the time, it'd probably help me solve the issue. Maybe there's a general MVC tool out there? A Visual Studio extension?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft