Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Feb 23, 2017 @ 15:09
    David Peck

Removing /Umbraco from routes

Hi all,

I'm aware of a way to enter link description herecreate custom routes in Umbraco such that a url like: /umbraco/surface/MyCustom[Controller]/My[Action] Could also be available via /some-random-path/MyCustom[Controller]/My[Action]

However if I then do: @Url.Action("MyCustom", "My") I could end up with either of the URLs above spat out

What I'd like to do is prevent surface and api controllers ever having Umbraco in their URL because I don't want to leak the information to a hacker that I'm using Umbraco. Additionally I want to put an IP restriction on the umbraco path without worrying about blocking API and Surface requests.

SurfaceControllers (and I suspect API Controllers) get routes added to the RouteTable automatically, but I suppose I could go through and manually replace all of these. It's a bit of a pain though. Is there no setting that controls the path used by these routes?

Cheers!

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Feb 23, 2017 @ 15:22
    David Peck

Probably answering my own question here, but perhaps someone has a workaround, it looks like this is not possible without manually going through and replacing the routes. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/5397f2c53acbdeb0805e1fe39fda938f571d295a/src/Umbraco.Web/WebBootManager.cs (line 356)

Looks like /umbraco/surface is hardcoded, or at least you could change the word umbraco using the umbracoPath appsetting but that doesn't help my IP blocking situation.

• Jay Criscione 16 posts 105 karma points
    Feb 23, 2017 @ 17:18
    Jay Criscione

I have added HttpHandlers in the web.config to alter the location that custom Umbraco controllers are accessible.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft