Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 12:19
    Neil Hodges

Umbraco 6.1.6 Members - No user with name '[email protected] ' exists in back office

Hi

Having a few issues with Members in the Umbraco 6.1.6 back office. Have around 400 members in there and for the most part all are fine when clicked on, I can see their properties on the right hand of the screen.

When I click on a couple of them i get this message - No user with name '[email protected]' exists (see screenshot)

enter image description here

Any idea of why this would happen? Can it be fixed? Is there a cache i can clear?

Ive looked into the DB and i can see the person in question is in there. 'cmsMember' table shows the Member as nodeId 4588

'cmsContentXML' shows the nodeId is there and corresponding xml so not sure where the problem is, can anyone point me in the right direction.

Kind Regards Neil.

• Luke Alderton 191 posts 508 karma points
    Jan 29, 2018 @ 13:09
    Luke Alderton

Getting this error on a clients website too, Umbraco version 4.7.1. Any known fixes?

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Jan 29, 2018 @ 13:17
    Neil Hodges

Hi Luke

Was a while ago this. But if memory serves me it was something to do with the Register form and it not updating those fields correctly.

I think in some instance there was a space added either at the start or the end of the Email/Username and the back office was complaining it couldnt find them even though it looked like they were there in the DB.

Is this happening on one specific user for you? If so check the entry in the DB and just edit and trim the start and end of the field to see if it works.

• Luke Alderton 191 posts 508 karma points
    Jan 29, 2018 @ 13:22
    Luke Alderton

Hi Neil,

Thanks for responding, I've just checked the DB before I saw your reply.

The issue happened after an admin changed a users email address and for some reason, the membership table hadn't updated to the new email address, so the back office was complaining about that member only.

All fixed now though, thanks for your help. Hopefully, anyone who stumbles over this thread in the future will find it helpful. :)

Thanks, Luke

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft