Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Reuel Ribeiro 8 posts 79 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 20:47
    Reuel Ribeiro

Hello.

I'm trying to use Umbraco for a massive environment, and the only problem so far that I've found is the in-memory cache which I cannot avoid using.

Disabling the XML file cache and all things related to it, I managed to have umbraco running smoothly most of the time.

The problem is when the memory grows past the 1GB mark. Had it not been for that limitation, my application would perform probably ok.

Could some core team or other experienced user indicate to me where this happens on Umbraco.Core?

Is it possible to just get rid of the in-memory cache to test and see what happens?

Thanks.

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 21:01
    Marcio Goularte

I believe that disabling XML Cache will not solve the problem. Excessive memory consumption can be several reasons. I already had this problem and I solved with this solution: http://lukealderton.com/blog/posts/2015/july/reducing-umbraco-memory-usage-by-enabling-32-bit-applications/

what size of umbraco.config?

UPDATE

You're Brazilian, me too. I wrote about it in Portuguese: http://www.marciogoularte.com.br/reduzindo-uso-de-memoria-no-umbraco/

• Reuel Ribeiro 8 posts 79 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 21:40
    Reuel Ribeiro

Cool.

That's the thing: I don't have a umbraco.config. By disabling and deleting it entirely, I don't get problems because of not having I/O operations to deal with. It turned out to be promising.

Regardless, umbraco loads all content into memory. My database, is almost 2GB, so I assume my umbraco.config would be somewhat around 1.6GB.

I should be able to entirely skip in-memory cache, or at least be able to define what should go into cache or not. :(

Tomorrow I'll explore umbraco core source and see what is possible.

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Mar 22, 2017 @ 21:54
    Marcio Goularte

Disabling the XML cache content will be loaded directly from the database. It may cause performance problems because it will perform multiple database calls. You can disable in umbracoSettings.config, putting XmlCacheEnabled to false

Https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/config/umbracosettings/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft