Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Beckert 193 posts 469 karma points
    Mar 24, 2017 @ 23:13
    Thomas Beckert

Examine Index rebuild - index documents missing

If I click "rebuild index", the examine index shows about 1360 nodes. If I test the search for example "whiskey", no node is found, even though there is a published node with the name "whiskey". If I publish this node again, it is in the index and is found in the test search console. If I click "rebuild index" again, the node is vanished in the index again. So, what do I wrong? I thought, rebuilding the index takes all published nodes into account.

Thanks for any hints -

Tom

• Yakov Lebski 587 posts 2340 karma points
    Mar 25, 2017 @ 13:39
    Yakov Lebski

Please check folder permission on \AppData\ and special on \AppData\TEMP\ExamineIndexes looks like cache and examine files are not updating during publish

Mar 25, 2017 @ 13:59
    Thomas Beckert

The Application User has full access to the App_Data Folder and its subfolders. The index is created but published nodes are missing. They are only added, when I publish them and if I rebuild the index, they are gone again. I want all published nodes to be indexed ...

Mar 25, 2017 @ 14:02
    Yakov Lebski

Another option when you have some custom code on item indexing and it's throw exception in this scenario page published but not appears in index. Do you have something like this ?

Mar 25, 2017 @ 14:09
    Thomas Beckert

Hi, Yakov,

no, I have no custom indexing code and in the log there is also no error-entry after rebuilding the index. It is really a strange behavior. Did get the clue yet.

If the index would not accept the nodes at all, but if I manually publish the missing nodes again, they will be indexed but as soon as the application restarts or the index rebuild, they are gone again. Not acceptable for me... :-(

Mar 25, 2017 @ 14:24
    Yakov Lebski

What version of Umbraco are you using? Problematic page has some special fields ?

Mar 25, 2017 @ 14:34
    Thomas Beckert

I'm running 7.5.9 and the fields I setup for the index are common property editor, so self written ones.

Mar 25, 2017 @ 15:07
    Thomas Beckert

Ok. Catched the bad guy.

If I remove this vom my Provider-Settings, all nodes are indexed:

analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcard="true"

Mar 25, 2017 @ 15:14
    Thomas Beckert

Bummer - now my search algorithm throws an exception:

'*' or '?' not allowed as first character in WildcardQuery
    Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.ParseException: '*' or '?' not allowed as first character in WildcardQuery

Mar 25, 2017 @ 16:31
    Yakov Lebski

I prefer to create my custom index and not changing built-in indexes.

Lucene always works at start from on texts, you can change it to work on contains, but it will work slowly

Mar 25, 2017 @ 16:47
    Thomas Beckert

Do you have an example how you build your index? If I add the "enableLeadingWildcard="true"" everything works.

Mar 25, 2017 @ 17:41
    Yakov Lebski

You can find config example here - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/Config/ExamineSettings/

Generally your need copy 3 sections and change name

ExamineIndex.config enter image description here ExamineSettings.config enter image description here

of course, you should call to the new searcher in your search code

Mar 26, 2017 @ 13:47
    Thomas Beckert

Hi, Yakov,

thanks for the detailed starting help. This was a good explaination. H5YR!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft