Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anamarija Horvat 25 posts 140 karma points
    Mar 30, 2017 @ 09:50
    Anamarija Horvat

My clients are uploading some big files and media section is lacking progress bar. Is big issue for them because sometimes file doesn't get uploaded, sometimes it does, and they can't know it since they don't see progress. Is there any package for it? I tried 2 none are working.

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/media-upload-with-progress-bar/# (not working on v 7.4.3)

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/gecko-uploadify/ (not working on v 7.4.3)

Mar 31, 2017 @ 11:01
    Anamarija Horvat

I managed to partially fix that by changing Umbraco code itself. I changed line
    <ul class="file-list" ng-show="done.length > 0 || queue.length > 0 || rejected.length > 0"> umb-file-dropzone.html to
    <ul class="file-list" ng-show="done.length > 0 || queue.length >= 0 || rejected.length > 0"> and now I have a progress bar. But once uploaded, There is no success message, instead dashboard reloads and new file shows in list of files. I tried to add custom messages on saved event like this

private void MediaService_Saved(IMediaService sender, SaveEventArgs<IMedia> e)
     {
         foreach (var mediaitem in e.SavedEntities)
         {
            EventMessage message = new EventMessage("Saved", "Succesfully Uploaded", EventMessageType.Success);
            e.Messages.Add(message); 
         }
     }

But message type shows as error, I tried others(Warning, Info, Default) they all look like Error message. And if I add message, file doesn't show as uploaded on dashboard list of files and for like 70 seconds it's impossible to click anything on the page. It's just stuck.

Any advice how to get client some feedback that uploading was success?

Apr 05, 2017 @ 10:31
    Anamarija Horvat

I ll mark my previous answer as solution since it got me progress bar. I guess message about successful upload should fall under other issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft