Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Apr 11, 2017 @ 16:56
    Robert J. Bullock

This is a really cool date/time editor... Would be awesome if someone could implement it as a property editor / datatype. I've tried but can't quite get it there:

https://github.com/indrimuska/angular-moment-picker

• Rune Hem Strand 147 posts 911 karma points hq c-trib
    Apr 11, 2017 @ 20:50
    Rune Hem Strand

Hi Robert, it is a really nice date picker. Unfortunately, it uses Angular services that are not available in the version of Angular we're using in Umbraco core atm (1.1.5). So until it is updated in the core or the author adds backward compatibility to 1.1.5 it's not possible to get it running. Author said the lowest tested version of Angular is 1.3..

All the best
    Rune

Apr 11, 2017 @ 20:58
    Robert J. Bullock

Ah, that explains why it wouldn't work! Damn. Oh well... I wonder what the delay is upgrading Angular?

Apr 11, 2017 @ 21:38
    Rune Hem Strand

Well, Angular has more breaking changes in their minor versions than Umbraco ;) So upgrading is a considerable task, that will require a lot of work. Over the past year, a lot has been done to make the upgrade path easier but AFAIK there is still quite a lot to do. So, in short, it is a matter prioritization. 1.1.5 is working really well in Core atm but of course, it is frustrating as most angular plugins are now developed on later versions.

There is an issue on the Umbraco issue tracker for this here, please do add comments and vote if you would like to see this.

I reached out to the author of the date picker and he might be able to make it backwards compatible if it doesn't have big performance implications.

Hope that helps clear things up.

All the best
    Rune

Apr 12, 2017 @ 16:07
    Robert J. Bullock

Ok... so I found this other timepicker as an Angular directive... I have it partially wired up but can't figure out how to get the model values in/out of the directive (if that makes sense).

http://jsfiddle.net/LFB3F/2/

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. There is simply no good "time only" picker for Umbraco 7 that I have been able to find which I think we need.

Apr 15, 2017 @ 21:16
    Rune Hem Strand

What type of value are you looking to set/get? Just a string?

Apr 17, 2017 @ 14:30
    Robert J. Bullock

Actually, I figured it out! I'll post my code in a bit...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft