Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthieu Nelmes 102 posts 385 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 12:36
    Matthieu Nelmes

Custom Workflow not being triggered

I've inherited an Umbraco project which employs a Custom Workflow to do some fancy business whenever a form is submitted on the site.

On cloning the GIT repo of the project to a local dev environment for the life of me I cannot get it to trigger or hit any breakpoints I set in the class which inherits : WorkFlowType

I've tried re-saving the forms and re-creating the workflow in the back office. I can see that custom workflows are saved in Json format in

App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Data/workflows

Do these need to be re-created or re-published elsewhere?

The GIT project should be exactly the same as the deployed site, so I can't understand why this works in production and not locally other than it being an Umbraco/Re-publish related issue?

Any ideas greatly welcome!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 24, 2017 @ 17:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthieu

Did you manage to figure this one out yet?

Otherwise it might be worth checking the log file and see if there are any entries related to Umbraco forms marked with either ERROR or WARNING.

If you don't use a backoffice log viewer (3rd party packages usually) then try going to /App_Data/Logs/ and open up the file and have a look.

Hope this helps and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Jan

Apr 26, 2017 @ 12:18
    Matthieu Nelmes

Nothing is logged because the workflow is never hit.

Spent a bit more time delving into this. The only way I can get it to trigger the workflow is to re-create the entire form, from scratch, then re-attach the workflow.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the json files in App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Data/workflows are either corrupt or do not get rebuilt correctly.

------EDIT------

I've found two .json files for a form submission and an identical workFlowTypeId and sortOrder both 0 wether this causes a conflict and it's failing silently?

Apr 26, 2017 @ 12:20
    Matthieu Nelmes

Also worth mentioning I'm on Umbraco Forms V4.4.0

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft